Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Yesterday my wife and I drove an hour and a half to meet Muncie (Steve- a fellow board member here) in Ritzville. He drove up from Oregon. I had a couple of kits to trade him and he brought me what I was looking for. I can't post a pic of it here yet because it is for a Buddy of mine who frequents this board.

We did the trade and then Steve bought a few more things from me. Then he was nice enough to buy my wife and I lunch!! We had a very enjoyable time getting to know him, although it was brief. I look forward to doing it again sometime Steve. Next time lunch is on me! Safe travels.

Later-

3 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

Build it stock, you won't regret it.  These are surviving models of our family Corvairs. 

Corvair_1964_01sm.jpg.8840c521f7f67f80349a6d723f26ec7a.jpg005_2sm.jpg.1dfc3603434d57deef5011c145ea4a6e.jpg

Gary:

Good looking combination of early & late model Vairs you have there! I do plan to build this ‘62 stock, and hopefully replicate my original 1:1 car (minus the “flow-through ventilation” it had). This body will need some work, though. Note that some previous owner removed part of the door window frame (a common problem), and likewise removed the door handles and Monza emblems. I suppose that I could try to foil-cast the handles and emblems off of another model. The missing taillights are annoying, but I’m ready for that. Guess what I bought as part of my last order from Modelhaus? ?

On 9/7/2019 at 1:25 PM, Snake45 said:

Here's the rest of my original post, which I had to delete because I kept getting 404 Error. Let's see if I can post it now: 

Didn't work. Let's see if PART of it will work. 

So that didn't work, either. Let's dispense with the second paragraph and see if the third one will work. 

So this lets me leave my already-owned '66 kit, near NIB, unbuilt, and using all this stuff (plus maybe some extras from the common repops), I can build a very nice stock '66 convertible AND a period, kit-stock custom with the cool half-top. Might even be able to get TWO period customs out of all the goodies. Looking forward to it!

Hey Snake:

If not too much trouble, can you post a photo of the chassis of your recently acquired original ‘66 Mustang?

thanks - Mike

22 hours ago, Mark said:

Good deal on that '66 Mustang lot!  One thing about the annual kits is that they have single exhaust pipe detail on the chassis.  Lose a little bit of Y-pipe detail towards the front, track down the straight six engine from the '62 Falcon or Comet, and you're good to go on a six-cylinder car. 

Mark, if you have such a project in mind, I'd be willing to swap you one of these for a current-reissue chassis. But I think I'm gonna put one under that Paul Sable Henry the 8th Mustang I restored, because it seems to have an incorrect MPC chassis under it now. 

34 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Mark, if you have such a project in mind, I'd be willing to swap you one of these for a current-reissue chassis. But I think I'm gonna put one under that Paul Sable Henry the 8th Mustang I restored, because it seems to have an incorrect MPC chassis under it now. 

Snake:

check your e-mail...

thanks - Mike

Picked these up from my new son-in-law (yesterday) they got married and got these today from him the stude has an engin block glued together that's all! The bag kit is an amt 53' ford pickup that looks pretty complete, the 29' is complete and unstarted as well as the Thames panel kit and mpc 53' flip nose! Also a box of soft seal 57' parts and decal if anybody needs them pm me and we can trade something!

vince

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

5 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Local Toy Show Day! Ooo-eee, I spent a buttload of money but got some good stuff. Pics will have to wait till I can sneak them all in the house past The Lovely Mrs. Snake, and I might not even remember it all, but here's what I can recall offhand: 

*Unbuilt, in-the-box MPC '76 Vega, $15.

*Some kind of old Bugatti sports car, diecast, 1/24, pretty cool looking, new in the box, $5.

*Franklin Mint '70 Chevelle in dark blue, $20. It's missing one of the front fender caps but I'm pretty sure I can harvest one off a Monogram body and fix the thing. 

*Reissued MPC '75 Vette roadster, $8. It's worth that just for the wheels/tires and aluminum injector stacks (I made sure they were all present). 

*Some kind of off-brand diecast 3rd Gen Camaro, #10. Got a lot of goofy stripes on it, and it might be a hair undersized, maybe 1/26 or so, but I've never seen another diecast 3G Camaro and I can do SOMETHING with it. 

*Started, half-built AMT '66 Nova pro street with a fairly decent purple paint job. I'll treat it like a glue bomb rescue, finish it off, and have it on the shelf with just a few hours work. Easily $10 worth of fun. 

*Glue bomb Monogram '66 Chevelle that I need the complete engine from to finish off my stalled Bring Out Your Dead project. The engine stuff I need is all here so it was easily worth the $5 asking price. 

*Bag of random engines, 8 or 10 or 12 of them. The one that caught my eye was some kind of 6-cylinder with tube headers! I can use that for SOMETHING! (Anyone know what that might be from?) There might be a couple more usable things in there, too. 

And then I stopped at Rite-Aid and scored a new Welly '69 GTO Judge I'd never seen before for $10. It's a dark red or maroon, has exposed headlights, and might be a little undersized--like their '68 4-4-2, '71 Chevelle, and '65 Riviera--but it'll look just fine sitting on the shelf right next to them. 

Pics when I can! B) 

Nice score Snake.

3 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Yesterday my wife and I drove an hour and a half to meet Muncie (Steve- a fellow board member here) in Ritzville. He drove up from Oregon. I had a couple of kits to trade him and he brought me what I was looking for. I can't post a pic of it here yet because it is for a Buddy of mine who frequents this board.

We did the trade and then Steve bought a few more things from me. Then he was nice enough to buy my wife and I lunch!! We had a very enjoyable time getting to know him, although it was brief. I look forward to doing it again sometime Steve. Next time lunch is on me! Safe travels.

Later-

-That’s such a nice thing. 

4 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Later-

Thanks Tom,  It was great meeting you and your wife yesterday.  Everything in the trade looks good.  Ritzville was a good place to meet - interesting old town.  I walked the main street and read the historical plaques on the buildnings. That black Chevy lacks a navigation system (I didn't order it on purpose) and it is known for getting lost - it makes roadtrips more interesting.  It happened again yesterday on the way home.  All around a good trip.

2 hours ago, vintagedragcrazy said:

Picked these up from my new son-in-law (yesterday) they got married and got these today from him the stude has an engin block glued together that's all! The bag kit is an amt 53' ford pickup that looks pretty complete, the 29' is complete and unstarted as well as the Thames panel kit and mpc 53' flip nose! Also a box of soft seal 57' parts and decal if anybody needs them pm me and we can trade something!

vince

image.jpeg

image.jpegwhat an idea for a dowry!

1 hour ago, Muncie said:

Thanks Tom,  It was great meeting you and your wife yesterday.  Everything in the trade looks good.  Ritzville was a good place to meet - interesting old town.  I walked the main street and read the historical plaques on the buildnings. That black Chevy lacks a navigation system (I didn't order it on purpose) and it is known for getting lost - it makes roadtrips more interesting.  It happened again yesterday on the way home.  All around a good trip.

Yeah. We parked and walked the old main street too. Lots of interesting old buildings. We went into an antique store to look around and I took a picture of this book. I thought it looked funny a Challenger towing an Airstream. I'd love to have the pair.

http://IMG_20190907_131855554.jpg

Later-

On 9/8/2019 at 8:01 PM, Modlbldr said:

Yeah. We parked and walked the old main street too. Lots of interesting old buildings. We went into an antique store to look around and I took a picture of this book. I thought it looked funny a Challenger towing an Airstream. I'd love to have the pair.

http://IMG_20190907_131855554.jpg

Later-

I see that Photobucket is back to their extortion tactics again.

I've been getting tons of emails from them lately.

I haven't even acknowledged their existence for the past couple of years.

They can eat my shorts and die!! :D

Steve

Been rolling a lot of gutter balls lately with my bids on eBay, but I picked up a spare this time:

220570107_60vette.thumb.jpg.159f69fcb16d413861fc958ac473da9f.jpg

Original issue '60 Vette with working suspension. I say "picked up a spare" also because I have a current-issue one - another future club raffle donation, maybe.

Anyone know a good source for a Powerglide for this one?

Edited by ChrisBcritter

4 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Been rolling a lot of gutter balls lately with my bids on eBay, but I picked up a spare this time:

220570107_60vette.thumb.jpg.159f69fcb16d413861fc958ac473da9f.jpg

Original issue '60 Vette with working suspension. I say "picked up a spare" also because I have a current-issue one - another future club raffle donation, maybe.

Anyone know a good source for a Powerglide for this one?

I was just looking at his site for another post - Ron Olson on Shapeways (3D Model Specialties) has Powerglides with your choice of long or short tailshafts.  I think you can get a set of three for around $11.00.  (Shapeways goofy pricing makes it cheaper to have a multi-piece set than a single piece).

image.png.e68d20c3b88b4005aaf3aa527d2276cb.png

On 9/7/2019 at 6:27 AM, crazyjim said:

Where di you hear about Testors paint disappearing?

From my local hobby shop owners. One no longer even has a Model Master enamel rack because he can't get many of the paints anymore and the onther still has the rack but its three quarters empty. They've both told me that the old square bottle Testors enamel paints are next to disappear but the acrylics will be still available. Maybe this is going to affect only Canada, where I live, if so I'll even have to start making paint buying trips across the line.

On 9/8/2019 at 3:19 PM, Snake45 said:

It appears to me that both Majorette and BBurago modelled the same Type 55 car but I bet the BBurago is bigger than the Majorette.   I have the BBurago and had intended to make it into the Bugatti_T55_1934_#14_Brunet-Zehender Le Mans entry but the body changed with the models cutdown doors.  If I am missing the mark here Pico can chime in.

Bugatti_T55_1934_#14_Brunet-Zehender_small_2.jpg

4 hours ago, robertw said:

From my local hobby shop owners. One no longer even has a Model Master enamel rack because he can't get many of the paints anymore and the onther still has the rack but its three quarters empty. They've both told me that the old square bottle Testors enamel paints are next to disappear but the acrylics will be still available. Maybe this is going to affect only Canada, where I live, if so I'll even have to start making paint buying trips across the line.

That would really hurt me.  I use Model Master and/or the square bottled stuff for interiors and engines.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...