Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On 8/7/2021 at 3:34 PM, ewetwo said:

As some of you know I have a Palmer Ford Falcon but it's missing parts. I might just have scored what I needed on this eBay win. Woo Hoo!s-l1600.jpg.f9701ce20227219574f252eec5ad489e.jpg In the lower left . The chrome sprue I think are what I needed. 

This came today and it does have the missing Falcon parts. And some more for the Tempest and Bonneville convertible. And instructions for all three. 

image1-1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

On 8/7/2021 at 3:34 PM, ewetwo said:

As some of you know I have a Palmer Ford Falcon but it's missing parts. I might just have scored what I needed on this eBay win. Woo Hoo!s-l1600.jpg.f9701ce20227219574f252eec5ad489e.jpg In the lower left . The chrome sprue I think are what I needed. 

Gotta love the Palmer Falcon!  It would be a perfect replica if it wasn’t too short, too tall and too narrow! 😜

Had a good day today!  This showed up:

DB793479-D26D-41F1-A1C3-28C1F6CF3FBF.thumb.jpeg.9e331b8b6a2fb4c6b69e81c45224fcad.jpeg

Impressed at how good of a job Atlantis did on this!  Super sharp crisp moldings, the chrome is great - even the box feels well made!  Nice job Atlantis!

This arrived from eBay - seller said it was complete, which I could tell from the pics it wasn’t but for under $8 I’ll be able to do something with it:

961486E2-2C32-4174-9CD7-F77003205153.thumb.jpeg.f9a72d23a120de69be5cea5fe016b34f.jpeg

And my now bi-weekly trip to Hobby Lobby netted me a couple more Revell 29 Roadster kits for my stash…they actually had five on the shelf but I restrained myself.  Already thinking of new variations on this kit I’d like to do once the ‘30 Coupe comes back - got ten on the shelf now so I probably don’t need any more right now 🤪

5 hours ago, CabDriver said:

Had a good day today!  This showed up:

DB793479-D26D-41F1-A1C3-28C1F6CF3FBF.thumb.jpeg.9e331b8b6a2fb4c6b69e81c45224fcad.jpeg

Impressed at how good of a job Atlantis did on this!  Super sharp crisp moldings, the chrome is great - even the box feels well made!  Nice job Atlantis!

This arrived from eBay - seller said it was complete, which I could tell from the pics it wasn’t but for under $8 I’ll be able to do something with it:

961486E2-2C32-4174-9CD7-F77003205153.thumb.jpeg.f9a72d23a120de69be5cea5fe016b34f.jpeg

And my now bi-weekly trip to Hobby Lobby netted me a couple more Revell 29 Roadster kits for my stash…they actually had five on the shelf but I restrained myself.  Already thinking of new variations on this kit I’d like to do once the ‘30 Coupe comes back - got ten on the shelf now so I probably don’t need any more right now 🤪

So you have the Roller while I've ordered the Grader! Good fun eh?

This just came in from RMR.  One more for my first gen Falcon collection.  A four door wagon. It came with interior tub and clear acetate for rear windows.  He also threw in most of what is needed from the Ranchero donor kit. Absolutely the best guy to deal with.

20210815_124509.jpg

30 minutes ago, Daddyfink said:

I was quite surprised to find this at a Michael's store! And I just really went in to use the restroom, and took a quick look at the kits, and there it was. 

Sadly, almost every other kit is pretty old stuff, and very common stuff. 

revjag.jpg

I picked up that same kit yesterday at my local Michaels with the 20% off coupon. Into the stash it goes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sam I Am said:

This just came in from RMR.  One more for my first gen Falcon collection.  A four door wagon. It came with interior tub and clear acetate for rear windows.  He also threw in most of what is needed from the Ranchero donor kit. Absolutely the best guy to deal with.

20210815_124509.jpg

How are you getting in contact with these guys at RMR. I check their website almost everyday and everything is out of stock. Any help with contacting them would be great. Thanks.

19 hours ago, NOBLNG said:

Picked these up at a local flea market today. The seller said they were all complete kits. The ‘37 Ford pickup has been partially built and there are no instructions so I will have to see if I can find them online to be sure.

0DAFFBE8-8457-43C9-8A9E-B9170916EF47.jpeg

A2A8FA17-6C8F-4D9C-9A28-607AAC4364DF.jpeg

If you don’t find the instructions on line I should have my old set but I would have to mail them.  Looks like they started it nice..

I got this '51 Chevy kit from a good friend who bought it for me off ebay so I could use the inline 6 in a Revell '54 Chevy sedan kit I picked up a few weeks ago. I am building the '54 into a Factory stock copy for my 30 years of Chevrolet collection..  I included two photo's of the '54 that I'm converting back to stock as well

amt 51 Chevy.jpg

DSC06063.JPG

DSC06064.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ranma said:

I got this '51 Chevy kit from a good friend who bought it for me off ebay so I could use the inline 6 in a Revell '54 Chevy sedan kit I picked up a few weeks ago. I am building the '54 into a Factory stock copy for my 30 years of Chevrolet collection..  I included two photo's of the '54 that I'm converting back to stock as well

amt 51 Chevy.jpg

DSC06063.JPG

DSC06064.JPG

Rick that looks nice.

This came in a few days ago from the folks over at Fugu Garage.  It all looks nicely done and well cast for the most part - the only nit I've found to pick so far is the two different wheel face options are just slightly large in diameter than the included wheel sleeves they're supposed to slot into, and a few of them might not technically be considered round. Some P/E would have been nice for the grilles, but being a curbside that would unnecessarily complicate things by opening voids into nothing. But otherwise all in all a nice job, the glass isn't as clear as a polished styrene piece, but it's still nice, stout, and not optically distorted.  The big part of this will be how well the one piece resin front clip actually mates to the rest of the GT4 Mustang, and that requires cutting a $45 Tamiya kit in twain...

229861211_2698492523781318_6446941488561616841_n.jpg.cde89dd5d9431ab9c3a025a2a1dc3182.jpg

Here are a few I have gotten over the last few weeks. I've been buying the '67s for the intake manifolds. I bought this one so I would have a complete kit. I've always loved the "Mako Shark" era 'Vettes, and the Greenwood racers were always cool. I just received the McLaren, today. I had one way back when the 8B was released. I never built it, but, I might build this one! It's kind of one of those kits (we probably all have at least a few) that it just feels comforting, to have around, due to its nostalgia. The '57 I bought, because I love Revell's snap '34 Ford and '70 Chevelle kits, and have read raves about this one, so...yeah!

DSC_0003cr.jpg

Have wanted a 76 glasshouse for years but never been able to find one, got lucky and found a couple recently.

G7K8D6g.jpg

Also got some more things from Plaza Japan. My LB Works R35 GT-R collection is complete now.  And can never resist getting more wheels to add to the collection.

FmI71aB.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...